Proudly last week we gathered Egypt’s successful online content creators in one place!
And for The first time in Egypt the event was Live streamed with HD!
Insideout.Today, previously called Interact Egypt, proudly organized on June 15th Egypt’s First Online content creators meetup at the prestigious AUC new Cairo Campus in partnership with our educational Partner Entrepreneurship and innovations at AUC and gladly we had also RiseUp Egypt supporting us during this event.
The audience were around 80 with interesting diversity from bloggers, graphic designers, photographers, online Journalists, video creators, community managers, social media specialists, and more!
- Welcome speech by our country Manager Fady Ramzy who announced our new brand identity InsideOut.Today
- Welcome speech by Dr. Ahmed Hassanein from AUC EIP stressing on the importance of online content creations
- Welcome speech by Abd El Hameed Sharara from RiseUp Egypt and he announced that RiseUp summit will take place this year next October 2014
- Following the welcome speeches Fady Ramzy presented the latest about content supported by technology and giving hints about the types of online content and the latest trends in content creation such as the infographics and how to create valuable online content. And he also discussed the linked open data and the semantic web (“CONTEXT” IS NOW THE KING) and he advised the attendees to tryout wordlift to semantically enrich their blogs & websites over wordpress platform.
And also Fady Ramzy announced in this event that gladly Insideout.Today will be hosting a Twitter chat each 2 weeks for one hour on #IOTTT to answer people questions about the latest technology and to share experiences and latest digital media trends.
Finally the coolest part of the event was the panel discussion featuring entrepreneurs, online content creators & media anchors who have online content success stories to be shared with the audience as follows:
- Sherry Kilany and Sabrina Khalil from scoopempire showcasing the story behind #Kashmagy video (the Egyptian Version of happy) and how it hit more than 1 million online views with the great cooperation with disalata!
- Amir Shoushaa the Man behind (Asa7be sarcasm society) talked about the comics business in Egypt and how (Asa7be sarcasm society) Started , how they produce the online content and how they built Asa7be out of comics.
- Abdel Rahman Wahba The founder of Iqraaly presented the Iqraaly unique platform and how they aim to deliver rich audible content through the audiobooks
- Amr Shahin From Akhbar El Yom presented a demo of augmented reality for enriching the news experience and as well the ads, done by Akhbar El Yom, and the impact of this AR technology to switch the offline newspaper Akhbar el yom to a digital newspaper.
- And the final speech was given by Enas Tharwat the popular radio anchor from Negoum FM & Radio 90 90 talking about how social media impacts the media business.
The meetup was also an excellent opportunity for attendees to network in a professional environment and interact with others who share the passion for great content creation, brainstorm and to have their questions answered by the panelists and the event organizers.
It was a very successful event and the hashtag #OCCEgypt went trending during the event and we have collected a beautiful set of pictures from the event and here is all the recorded sessions
Stay tuned with @insideout_Today and our coming twitter chats #IOTTT!